Nick graduated with a Chemical Engineering degree from Northwestern University and spent 9 years in corporate America with DuPont and Union Carbide. In 1982 he was introduced to the financial services industry and began a career as a financial advisor with Edward D. Jones. After 17 years in that position, spurred on by the personal experience of losing his dad when he was 13 years old and witnessing the subsequent hardships experienced by his mom, he founded Lasting Legacy Ltd. His intent was to use his financial planning skills to help others prepare for those times when life seems to fall apart. Since 1999 he and his team of financial professionals have worked with clients, guiding them as they prepare for their future and the financial well-being of their families. In 2013, he merged his financial planning practice with SAGE Private Wealth Group, allowing his clients access to a personalized investment process.
As a Partner Emeritus, Nick is involved helping set direction for the firm by working with Senior Advisors who are looking to ease their way out of their practice over the next several years. He also uses his experience as a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner to help mentor and coach other advisors. Having experienced trying times, Nick and the SAGE team always put the needs of the client first, approaching them with empathy and genuine concern striving to completely understand their situation.
- Northwestern University, B.S. Chemical Engineering
Certifications & Licenses
- Series 65
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Nick and his wife Cathy are longtime residents of Park Ridge where they have raised 3 children
- He is very active in their local church as well as in the Park Ridge community
- As empty nesters, Nick and Cathy are enjoying the freedom to do the things they love which include camping, hiking, sailing and travel